- Air Squat
- Front Squat
- Overhead Squat
- Shoulder Press
- Push Press
- Push Jerk
- Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Medicine Ball Clean
While this list may seem foreign or intimidating, please note that every one of them is modifiable and scalable to meet your skill level and needs.
Functional movements involve exercises that are fundamental to all things that kids do. Play, Push, Run , Throw, Climb , Lift and Jump. All workouts are under the Professional supervision of CrossFit Kids trainers.
CrossFit is described as broad and general, which means kids will become well rounded athletes.They are not just coached at one thing. they develop all 10 General Physical Skills …. which include:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity